Internet marketing is full of acronyms and new ones keeping up quite regularly. Lets just start by clearing up the alphabet soup of Online Marketing. Here are some common acronyms.
- Online Marketing = Internet Marketing
- SEM : Search Engine Marketing
- SMM: Social Media Marketing
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization
- PPC : Pay Per Click
SEM: Search Engine Marketing
- Organic search engine optimization (SEO)
- Paid Inclusion: Paying for directories and links
- Pay for placement (Pay-per-click is subset of this)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO): This is an art and science of constructing your website code and copy in such a way that search engines like them and as a result rank your pages highly for relative search terms. If all goes well your website will be listed on first page of search engine’s free listings also called as “natural” or “organic” listings.
SMM: Social Media Marketing:
SMM is a form of internet marketing which seeks to achieve branding and marketing communication goals through the participation in various social media networks, social bookmarking, social media sharing, blogs, forums etc. Creating content, sharing and publishing them on the internet is the core component of social media marketing. With millions of users on each social networking site, it provides a great platform to communicate with your customers.