As per W3Techs.com, over 60% websites still do not use CMS. So if over half the websites do not use it, why should you use Content Management System(CMS)?
Let’s dig a little deeper, historical data shows that CMS usage is growing very rapidly. And number of sites not using CMS is also dropping rapidly.
In January 2012, 71% of sites were not using CMS which now stands at 61.5% in 2015. During this phase, WordPress, one of the most trusted CMS around has grown immensely. WordPress now facilitates 23.4 % of websites in contrast to 15.8% websites using it in 2012. Others CMS’s like Drupal, Joomla and Magento have also gained market share because of this rapid transition.
The main reason for switching from Non-CMS based websites to CMS based websites could be the functionalities Content Management System is packaged with. They are simple, flexible, keeps evolving, and secure solution to develop websites.
The incredible list of features includes:
- Effortless Customization: The built-in features or modules/plug-ins enable effortless customization.
- Regularly Updated: Contributors are constantly updating the source and keep adding new features and functionalities. This ensures that your website is gaining most from the latest technologies for enhanced performance and security.
- Saves Costs: The points above have a direct impact to this point. Let us suppose you are required to make some addition to your site but not using an Open Source CMS. You will have to get it all made from scratch. With Open Source, you just need to search for a plug-in or module, install and enable it. You are done. You save time, you save money.
- Makes SEO easy: Sites exist to be found by search engines and CMS allow implementing SEO strategy a lot easier than traditional sites. CMS infrastructure, keeps content, code and formatting separated. This makes adding SEO Meta tags etc., relatively simple.
- Mobile Friendly Sites: All modern CMS support responsive mobile friendly sites from ground up. With over 70% searches now being on smartphones, mobile friendly sites are not a luxury but a necessity for businesses to grow.
- Content Management: The most important reason to use CMS? It is content Management System, with content being the key word. CMS makes editing, adding and removing your content as effortless as using a word processor. For most sites, CMSs removes the need for a webmaster, instead content writers can manage the site on their own.
Answer to question “Should I use CMS for my website?” Is an emphatic Yes! CMSs are here to stay and are evolving to become even better. Let us put it this way unless you have just a one page site there is no reason not to use CMS.
KUWARE has gained expertise in CMS-based websites by delivering excellent projects in the last 7 years. If you require any help or advice, we are just a call away.